- Fall 2014
- Spring 2015
- About SM AYSO
- About Our Soccer Programs
- Board & Staff Contacts
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Fields & Safety
- Information for Players
- Kids Zone
- Lost & Found
- Rules & Guidelines
- Administrative Access
Last Basic Referee Course or Tune-up for Less Experienced Referees
On Wednesday, November 17th, 2010, from 6:30 - 9PM, there’s an opportunity to gain a full understanding of the game of soccer and how it applies to youth players in a short amount of time.
Region 20 is helping Region 78 (Hollywood) put on a combination online referee course and tune-up clinic, open to all volunteers.
If you've never refereed, and want to earn your Basic Certification, this is your last chance to do so for many months.
And if you are currently a referee and want to tune up your skills before playoffs, tournament season, or Thanksgiving games, this is also the place to be.
Particular attention will be paid to referee team communications, mechanics, positions for restarts, offside and other signals. Session will begin at 6:30 PM until 9:00 PM, Wed, November 17th.
Location: Football ﬁeld at Hollywood High School. Entrance on Orange Ave, just north of the In-N-Out restaurant.
Please wear comfortable clothes. Soccer or running shoes recommended. Light refreshments will be available.
All who attend will earn three referee points in Region 20 for your team.
The course is open to all volunteers who want to earn their Basic Referee Certification or who merely want to tune up their referee skills.
To take the tune-up portion only, simply RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org and show up.
To earn your Basic Referee Certification, please read carefully and follow the below steps:
- RSVP to the course by emailing email@example.com.
- Follow all the steps “How To Become a SM AYSO Referee” on the AYSO20.org website. Make sure to note your AYSO ID when you log into eayso.org.
- Complete the AYSO Basic Online Referee Training course. NOTE: AYSO Basic Online Referee Training is completely different from the “Safe Haven” course you might have already taken online. You have to do BOTH. You'll need your AYSO ID number to complete the training. The link is: http://www.aysotraining.com/BRC/BRC_QA.html
- NOTE: if your AYSO ID does not work with this link, then input the following. eAYSO ID: 58149394. Last Name: Vendor V
- IMPORTANT NOTE: While proceeding through the Basic Course, you will eventually encounter a quiz. During this quiz, you have the option to select "Answer" or "Next." MAKE SURE TO SELECT "Answer." Only select "Next" if you want to skip a section and come back to it later.
- PRINT the course completion certificate at the conclusion of BOTH online courses, and bring them with you to the in-person component of the course at Hollywood High School on Nov. 17th at 6:30 PM.
- For the exam, bring a pen, paper, and clipboard or notebook. We will be taking the written course outside, and it may be windy.
- Finally, a big part of the Basic Referee Course is understanding Law 11, Offside. A helpful, animated guide to understanding the offside violation is on the Referees Info & Resources page of our website under the Referee tab, or directly at http://www.fifa.com/lotg/football/en/flash/start.html
Thank you for volunteering!