- Fall 2013
- Spring 2014
- About SM AYSO
- About Our Soccer Programs
- Board & Staff Contacts
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Fields & Safety
- Information for Players
- Kids Zone
- Lost & Found
- Rules & Guidelines
- Administrative Access
About The Turkey Tournament Program
Turkey Tournaments take place over Thanksgiving weekend. All tournaments have games on Friday and Saturday. Some also have games on Sunday. Players from divisions U10 and above are eligible to participate.
Turkey Team Selection:
Turkey teams will be selected at the end of October and the teams will be announced in the first week of November. Turkey team coaches will select players from the Fall Skills/Scrimmage (APO) program. The children of our most active volunteers will be given special consideration. Participation in the APO Program is not a free pass to a Turkey, All Star or Spring team. Likewise, players who have not participated in APO Program are still eligible to play in the tournaments. Selection Criteria.
Turkey Team Practices:Practices will run through the month of November until Thanksgiving weekend. There will usually be one practice on a weeknight and a scrimmage or practice on Sunday. But this will depend on the coach’s availability. Regular season team practices and games take precedence. Players are not allowed to skip regular season games or practices in favor of their Turkey team.
Requirements For Turkey Team Participation:
- Only U10 & above players who are registered and paid up for the current Fall season are eligible.
- Players (and Parents) must be available Friday-Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.
- Players must be in good standing for Fall Season attendance
- Players/Parents must complete the Turkey/Spring Interest form by the deadline below.
- Extra practices will be necessary for all Turkey teams (up to 2 per week)
- Turkey Registration Fees must be paid in advance of first practice.
2012 Fee is $TBD & includes uniform. Financial Assistance recipients are automatically eligible for assistance at the same percentage as Fall 2012. Additional optional tournament team sweatshirt available for $TBD.
- Signed Player Registration Form/Medical Release must be brought to team manager/coach at first practice.
If your child would like to play on a Turkey and/or Spring Select team, please complete the Interest Form on the Turkey Tournament Program page under the Fall 2012 tab. (coming soon)
For additional information on the Spring Select Tournament and All-Star Teams, please refer to the Spring Select Program page.
Note: Participation on a Turkey Tournament Team does not guarantee selection for either All Star or Spring Select Tournament Teams
For season-specific details, including rosters, game schedules, etc., see the Turkey Tournament Program page under the Fall 2011 tab.
Selected Turkey Players Only: How to Register, How to Purchase Spirit Wear, How to Print Player Registration Form, How to Find Key Documents